Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Introducing..........

I would like to introduce the newest members of the Bennion household.  They are Nikki and Tobi. 
 We just adopted them yesterday. Now I know that most of you are wondering why 2?? GOOD QUESTION, I'm still wondering myself. We had actually inquired about Tobi on Saturday, when there was an add in the paper for him. He is an 11 week old Golden Retriever/ Lab mix. 
His family was needing to find him a home because they did not have fenced yard for him to play alone in. So I called Kent at work and asked if we could call on him. We were wanting a dog, but we were not wanting to pay $400-$800 for a pure breed Lab. So when we found him I had to call (it said free to a good home). When I called the mom said that she wanted to get rid of him, but that her kids were having a hard time with the idea. She said that she would talk to her husband and get back with us. Well we didn't here back from them over the weekend, so we thought that they were going to keep him. So I decided to start looking for another Lab pup, knowing that it was going to take awhile because they are hard to find not papered. Well Monday I was searching animal shelters all over the state. Just to let you know lab puppies are the hardest things to find. I finally found some new puppies at an animal rescue in Cedar City. I called Kent at work and told him about her. He said that if this is really what we wanted we could get her.
Nikki is an 8-9 week old Lab/Kelpie Mix. So, Tuesday morning we went up to Cedar City to bring Nikki back to our house. So we brought Nikki home and she loved it here she spent most of the day inside with me and the kids because she missed her litter mates. So tuesday afternoon my friend needed to go to PetCo and get some things for her fishes and i decided that I needed to get some training things for Nikki. Well when we  got home there was a message from Tobi's owners saying that if we still wanted him he was ours. When Kent got home we talked about it and decided that we should get him so Nikki would have a friend and not whine so much. So that is how we came upon 2 dogs. I do have to say that for puppies they are very good with the kids and at obeying me.




2 comments:

10zfam said...

wow, impressive. is it like having 4 kids? i never knew you liked dags so much.
by the way , when are you up here next?

10zfam said...

i just read the post below this. tucker looks cute with his head shaved, i like it. also, cute template