14 years ago
Monday, November 10, 2008
So I've been thinking.........
I'm going back and forth on this matter and I still don't know what to do. I have really thought about going private, what does everyone think? I need some feed back. I will most likely do it. PLEASE let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








8 comments:
I didn't go private for a year because I wanted to find old friends, have old friends find me etc. But now I've pretty much found everyone, so I decided to go private. There are so many different opinions on the matter (see Carlee's archive), so you just have to do what you feel is right for your family. Personally, my blog is just for family and friends and I don't really want strangers looking at it, so it doesn't need to be public domain. But the internet is very safe as long as you don't give out personal info, so being public is fine too. It really is just a personal preference.
Natalie,
I totally agree with Cassi. I think it is up to you and what you want to do with your blog. I like to use my blog as an outlet for different opinions and such, so I keep it open. If you really just want certain people looking at it and are just using it to post photos for your family to see and such, you may want to go private. If you are going private only because you saw that clip on KSL, go to Kory's blog and read a different perspective. www.insomniacsoup.com.
Either way, it's up to you and if you feel you just want certain people viewing it like Cassi said, going private is just fine.
I went private for about 1 month and so many people had a hard time getting on. I just try not to put any private information on.
I don't have any input either way, but if you go private, you'd better let me see it! I peek at you guys every once in a while.
As you know we just went private due to some stories we'd heard and the article we had linked on our site. There are some creepy people out there and I guess it's paranoia but we feel it's better to be safe than sorry. We want to use this as a journal if you will and going private will keep it so only those we deem worthy can view it. This way we can post more personal stuff. We've had our blog for a year now and kept it non-private-private, in other words you couldn't search the internet and find our site about the only way to get to it is to know the address or find it through someone else's blog. We only had 2 weird comments from anonymous people might have been people we knew trying to be funny but either way it wasn't worth it in our opinion. At least keep it safe by not putting when you're going out of town or other personal stuff that people might use against you.
Shauna
I only decided to go private because of my husband's job. He'll be defending and prosecuting some crazy people who could possibly feel the need for whatever reason to try to track him down. Otherwise I would probably just stay public but the good thing about blogger is that it's super easy to change back and forth to try it out. If you do go private please invite me. I love checking out your blog. You have such a cute family.
Hey Natalie,
This is Megan (Storey) Dunn...I just wanted to leave my opinion...I am going through the same thoughts...I just made my blog private but kinds dont want to...its nice that people can find you, but scary at the same time. Anyway, I don't really think that made sense or was much help, but if you do decide to go private, I would love an invite. :) My email is megahotwoman@hotmail.com...let me know if you want an invite to mine. :)
Hey Bennions.... if you go private I can't stalk you from time to time. Happy New Year to you guys!!
Post a Comment